|姓名:||刘科成 (Kecheng Liu)|
Brief Biography - Kecheng Liu, MSc, PhD, CEng, FBCS, FCMI
Professor of Business Informatics
Dr. Kecheng Liu, Fellow of British Computer Society, is a full professor and holds a chair of Informatics at University of Reading, UK. He is the founding Head of School of Business Informatics, Systems and Accounting (BISA), within an executive faculty Henley Business School of the University of Reading. His School BISA consists of two departments: Informatics and Systems, and Accounting and Financial Management. He also founded and is the Director of Informatics Research Centre, and was Deputy Director of Technologies for Sustainable Built Environments (2009 – 2013), both being multidisciplinary research centres within the University of Reading. He has published over 200 papers in conferences and journals. His research interests span from organisational semiotics, requirements studies, enterprise information systems management and engineering, business processing modelling, alignment of business and IT strategies, co-design of business and IT systems, pervasive informatics and intelligent spaces for working and living.
As a world leading expert, Liu is the convenor of the International Forum of Organisational Semiotics, and has brought semiotics to benefit the disciplines of management and engineering of information systems. His contributions have been also highly regarded by industry such as intelligent buildings, IT and business consulting, national police IT organisations, and SME. He serves in several editorial boards, e.g. European Journal of Information Systems, Journal of Information Systems Frontiers, and Journal of Requirements Engineering. He is a long-serving member of Working Group 8.1, international Federation of Information Processing. His research monograph on Semiotics in Information Systems Engineering (2000) is one of the first treating the topic in a systematic manner; and a new book in this topic will appear in 2014.
Prof. Liu is Visiting Professor in several universities in China (Renmin University, Beijing Institute of Technology, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, and Beijing Jiaotong University). He has been invited to deliver lectures in information systems and semiotics in China, Australia, Czech, France, Holland, Hong Kong, Portugal, Spain, Chile and Brazil. He is member of Senior Board of IBG (British Intelligent Buildings Group) and senior advisor on digital hospital in a governmental healthcare organisation in China. The School of Business Informatics, Systems and Accounting, which is under his leadership, runs MSc and Undergraduate courses that are accredited by world-recognised organisations such as EQUIS and AACSB. His School also offers first-class BA accounting programmes, one of which is in association with the world-leading accounting firm PwC. His School also plays a key role in Henley Business School’s MBA programme which receives triple accreditations (EQUIS, AACSB and AMBAS).
1. January 2014 – June 2015, PI, EU funded project €67k, e-Leadership skills for SMEs. (SI2.ACPROCE061259800)
2. August 2013 – November 2015, PI, KTP project £142,353, Knowledge management enabling sharing of best practice in a global, distributed and collaborative business environment, with UBSA. (KTP009100)
3. January 2011 – 2013: PI, KTP project £241,707, Semantics and Pragmatics in the new generation of Web 3: the technology development and applications. (KTP008378)
4. April 2010 – December 2010: PI, KTP project £53,200, Integrated Smart Forms for healthcare pathways.
5. October 2009 – 31 March 2018: Co-investigator (PI – Prof. Hazim Awbi) for an EPSRC grant of £5.9M for Doctoral Training in Technologies for Sustainable Built Environments (EP/G037787/1).
6. January 2009 – June 2009: Lead academic, Enterprise Architecture, £10,191, research funded by Capgemini UK Plc.
7. September 2005 – August 2007: Principal academic supervisor for a KTP award (£100k) for a joint project with the industrial partner Dytecna on through-life performance assessment and costing of building services. (KTP1567)
8. February 2007 – June 2008: Co-investigator (PI – Dr. Yinshan Tang) for a research grant (Euro52,512) from European Union (PASR 222 900) for the project of The Pedestrian Police Office (EuroCop).
9. February 2007 – November 2008: Co-investigator (PI – Dr. Andrew Adams) for a research grant (Euro29,000) from European Union (PASR) for the project of Measures against Bio-terrorists (Bio3R).
10. September 2006 – November 2009: PI, KTP award (£160) for a joint project with Rushey Green Group Practice on Integrated System to Support GP and Secondary Care Trust and Associated Healthcare Services (J3144600/01). The project was awarded the highest grade of “Outstanding” by the KTP Grading Panel for its achievement (certificate number KTP001667).
11. July 2006 – June 2008: Lead academic for a KTP award (£100k) for a joint project with the industrial partner Dytecna on Benchmarking System for Project Management. (KTP000924)
12. February 2006 – January 2008: Lead academic for a KTP award (£200k) for a joint project with the industrial partner Airinmar on Legacy systems migration and web-based CRM (J3142600).
13. 2006 – 2008: PI for a research grant (£113K) from EPSRC (GR/T04878/01) on the project of Intelligent Buildings for Personalisation, within the programme of Sustainability for the Urban Environment. (H1457301)
14. November 2005- January 2008: Lead academic and co-investigator (PI – Chris Guy) for a research project grant (£160k) from DTI Research (CHB/003/00044C) on the Coordinated Management of Intelligent Pervasive Spaces (CMIPS).
15. 2004 – 2006: Co-investigator (PI – Prof. N. Gu) for a grant (RMB200K) from the Chinese National Science Foundation, for a joint research award with Fudan University on Semiotically Motivated Grid Infrastructure for Collaborative Work.
16. October 2003 – May 2007: PI for a grant (£115k) from EPSRC (H1407800) for two PhD projects on Autonomic Computing – creating self-evolving software systems (ACCESS).
17. June 2002 – September 2005: PI for a grant (£431,440) from EPSRC (GR/S04840/01) for a research team working on Semiotic Enterprise Design for IT Applications (SEDITA).
18. November 2004 – October 2007: Co-investigator (PI – Professor Z Irani, Brunel University) for a grant (£58011) from EPSRC (GR/T27020/01) on the Network for e-Government Integration and Systems Evaluation (e-GISE).
19. September 2003: PI for a grant (£7000) from EPSRC (GR/S17710/01) to support the 6th International Workshop of Organisational Semiotics – a new discipline for information systems work.
20. May 1997 – June 2000: PI for a grant (£101,904) from EPSRC (GR/L43473), Legacy Systems Reengineering - AMBOLS.
Professor of Applied Informatics, Henley Business School (from Aug. 2007), Computer Science - School of Systems Engineering (Feb. 2002 – Jul. 2007)
Director of Informatics Research Centre (from Jun. 2009)
Founding Head of School, Business Informatics, Systems and Accounting (from Aug. 2011)
PhD in Information Management, Department of Information Management, School of Management Studies, University of Twente, the Netherlands.
PhD thesis entitled "Semiotics Applied to Information Systems Engineering”, supervised by Prof Ronald Stamper. April 1989 - June 1993
1. Kecheng Liu, Weizi Li (2015), Organisational Semiotics and Business Informatics, Routledge, London and New York.
2. Kecheng Liu, Stephen Richard Gulliver, Weizi Li, Changrui Yu (2014, eds) Service Science and Knowledge Innovation, The 15th International Conference on Informatics and Semiotics in Organisations (ICISO2014), IFIP TC8/WG8.1 Working Conference, Springer.
3. Kecheng Liu, Weizi Li, Stephen Gulliver (2013, editors) Web of Things, People and Information Systems, Proceeding of 14th International Conference of Informatics an Semiotics in Organisations (ICISO2013), SCITEPRESS, ISBN: 987-989-8565-51-8.
4. Ana Fred, Jan Dietz, Kecheng Liu, Joaquim Filipe (2013, Editors) Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management, revised selected papers from 2nd International Joint Conference IC3K, Springer.
5. Rene Jorna, Kecheng Liu, Niels Faber (2011, eds), Problems and Possibilities of Computational Humanities, Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Informatics and Semiotics in Organisations, Leeuwarden, the Netherlands, 4 – 6 July 2011, ISBN: 978 94 90719 005.
6. Rene Jorna, Kecheng Liu, Guo Jiang Keiichi Nakata, Lily Sun (2010 eds) Pervasive Informatics in the Digital Economy, Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Informatics and Semiotics in Organisations, Reading, UK, 19–21 July 2910. ISBN: 978 989 8425 263
7. Kecheng Liu and Joaquim Filipe (2010, eds), Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Knowledge Management and Information Sharing, Valencia – Spain, 25 – 28 October 2010, SciTePress – Science and Technology Publications, Portugal, ISBN: 978-989-8425-30-0, www.kmis.ic3k.org/
8. Hui Du, Kecheng Liu, Zhenji Zhang, Lily Sun (2010) Research Methods for Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral Students (in Chinese), China Electronics Press, Beijing. ISBN 9787 1211 03520. http://www.china-pub.com/1693944#ml
9. X. Feng, K. Liu, G. Jiang (2009) (eds) Information Systems in the Changing Era: Theory and Practice, Proc. of the 11th Conf. on Organisational Semiotics, Aussino Academic Publishing House, ISBN 978-0-9806057-2-3.
10. K. Liu (2009) Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Knowledge Management and Information Sharing, INSTICC, ACM SIGMIS, Funchal, 6 – 8 October 2009, ISBN 978-989-674-013-9.
11. K. Liu, J. Connolly, S. O’Neill (2007) (eds.) Complexity in Organisational and Technological Systems, Proc. of the 10th International Conf. on Organisational Semiotics, Sheffield, UK, ISBN:187412152/978187412156.
12. M. Cecilia C. Baranauskas, K. Liu (2006) (eds.) Interfacing Society, Technology and Organisations, Proc. of International Conf. on Organisational Semiotics, UNICAMP, Brazil, ISBN: 8585783141.
13. Liu, K (2004) (eds.) Virtual, Distributed and Flexible Organisations - Studies in Organisational Semiotics, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, ISBN: 1402021615.
14. Liu, K., R. Clarke, P. Anderson, R. Stamper (eds) with El-Sayed Abou-Zeid (2002a) Organizational Semiotics: evolving a science of information systems, Proceedings of IFIP WG8.1 Working Conference, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, ISBN: 1402071892.
15. Liu, K., R. Clarke, P. Anderson, R. Stamper (eds.) (2002b) Coordination and Communication using Signs: Studies in Organisational Semiotics - 2, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, ISBN: 0792375092.
16. Liu, K., R. Clarke, R. Stamper, P. Anderson (eds.) (2001) Information, Organisation and Technology: Studies in Organisational Semiotics - 1, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, ISBN: 0792372581.
17. Liu, K. (2000) Semiotics in Information Systems Engineering. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (ISBN 0521 593352), also reprinted by Tsinghua University Press (2005, ISBN 7302 099626).
18. Liu, K. (1993) Semiotics Applied to Information Systems Development, PhD thesis, University of Twente, Enschede, ISBN: 90-9006076-6.
1. Lily Sun, Mohammad Yamin, Cleopa Mushi, Kecheng Liu, Mohammed Alsaigh, Fabian Chen (2014) Information Analytics for Healthcare Service Discovery, Journal of Healthcare Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp457-478. (SCI indexed).
2. Lily Sun, Kecheng, Liu Dian Jambarid, Vaughan Michell (2014) Evaluating Business Value of IT towards Optimisation of Application Portfolio, Journal of Enterprise Information Systems. (online: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/.VArIu_mwL90)
3. Xiaoyu Yang, David Wallom, Simon Waddington, Jianwu Wang, Arif Shaon, Brian Matthews, Michael Wilson, Yike Guo, Li Guo, Jon Blower, Athanasios V. Vasilakos, Kecheng Liu, Philip Kershaw (2014) Cloud Computing in e-Science: Research Challenges and Opportunities", Journal of Supercomputing, 70(1): 408-464 (2014),
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11227-014-1251-5 , (SCI indexed).
4. Rong, W.,Peng, B., Ouyang, Y., Liu, K., Xiong, Z. (2014). Collaborative Personal Profiling for Web Service Ranking and Recommendation. Information Systems Frontiers. Springer. DOI 10.1007/s10796-014-9495-4.
5. Wenge Rong, Qinfen Wu, Yuanxin Quyang, Kecheng Liu, Zhang Xiong (2014) Stakeholder Identification and Analysis for Service Lifecycle Management, International Journal of Web Services Research, 11(1) 30-56. (SCI indexed).
6. S. Molina, I. Soto, Lily Sun, Kecheng Liu (2014). Pervasive Environment for Gases Detection and Collapses in Underground Mines. Advanced Materials Research Vol. 875-877 (2014) pp 2056-2061.
7. WANG Ruobin, LIU Kecheng, YAN Zhijun, WANG Qiuming (2013) Simplification and Application of Structured Equation Model in Human Computers Behavioural Research, METHEMATICS IN PRACTICE AND THEORY.
8. Weizi Li, Kecheng Liu, Hongqiao Yang, Changrui Yu (2014) Integrated clinical pathway management for medical quality improvement-based on a semiotically inspired systems architecture, European Journal of Information Systems (SCI indexed).
9. Chekfoung Tan, Kecheng Liu, Lily Sun (2012), A design of evaluation method for SaaS in cloud computing, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 6(1), ISSN 2013-8423
10. Huiying Gao, Chen Xiuxiu, Liu Kecheng. (2012). An ontological approach to personalized medical knowledge matching. Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences, 4(23): 247-255. (ISSN 1976-3700) (EI)
11. Hongqiao Yang, Weizi Li, Kecheng Liu, Junping Zhang (2011) Knowledge-based Clinical Pathway for Medical Quality Improvement, Information Systems Frontiers, doi: 10.1007/s10796-011-9307-z (SCI indexed).
12. Tehrani, G., Liu, K. and Michell, V. (2012) Ontology modeling for generation of clinical pathways. Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 5 (2). ISSN 2013-8423 doi: 10.3926/jiem.586
13. Michell, V., Tehrani, G. and Liu, K. (2012) Are clinical documents optimised for patient safety? A critical analysis of patient safety outcomes using the EDA error model. Journal of Health Policy and Technology, 1 (4). pp. 214-227.
14. Balhareth, H. H. and Liu, K. (2011) Business-IT strategic alignment: linking organisational learning with strategic perspectives. International Journal of GSTF Business Review, 1 (1). ISSN 2251-288.
15. K. Liu, J. Duangsuwan, and Z. Huang (2011) Intelligent Agents Enabling Negotiated Control of Pervasive Environments, Chiang Mai Journal of Science, vol. 38, pp. 99-122. (SCI indexed).
16. Kecheng Liu and Adrian Benfell, Pragmatic Web Services: A Semiotic Viewpoint, Software and Data Technologies - Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2011, Volume 50, Part 1, 18-32, DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-20116-5_2
17. Ali, N. M. and Liu, K. (2010) A norm-based approach for profiling business knowledge. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 66. pp. 1060-1064. ISSN 2010-3778
18. Kecheng Liu, Keiichi Nakata, Chris Harty (2010) Pervasive Informatics: theory, practice and future directions, J. of Intelligent Buildings International, 2(1), pp5-19.
19. Li Weizi, Kecheng Liu, Shuzhang Li, Hongqiao Yang (2010). A Semiotic Multi-Agent Modeling Approach for Clinical Pathway Management, Journal of Computers, vol 5, No 2 (2010), pp.266-273 (EI indexed)
20. Hongqiao Yang, Kecheng Liu, Weizi Li (2010) Adaptive Requirement-Driven Architecture for Integrated Healthcare Systems, Journal of Computers, vol 5, No 2 (2010), pp.186-193 (EI indexed)
21. Mangtang Chan, Kecheng Liu (2010) Modelling Media Synchronization with Semiotic Agents. IEEE MultiMedia 17(1): 14-23, 2010 (SCI Indexed).
22. Guoxi Cui, Kecheng Liu (2010).Organizational Readiness Analysis for Enterprise Information Systems Implementation, Journal of Software. vol.5 No.5, 2010 (EI indexed)
23. William H Collinge, Kecheng Liu (2009) Information Architecture of a Telecare System (2009), Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare,vol.15,pp.161-164 (SCI indexed)